Visas for Professionals

International business has become a booming area. The global economy means each country is no longer a sphere unto itself. Technology has brought us all closer together. The impact of a major NIKKEI index crash in the Japanese stock market will reverberate across the world, and a major innovation in Brazil will soon be marketed in 50 other countries. Even among smaller nations, there’s no such thing as isolationist businesses.

That means a greater urgency for foreign businesspeople to travel into the United States to tend to their companies’ interests, creating an influx of requests for visas. This group has a number of options to choose from, because the U.S. opens many visa categories to professionals.

To navigate through this, you will likely need to hire lawyers with experience in professional visas, such as our Fort Lauderdale firm. Shane & Shane has assisted many clients with determining the best visa for their needs, helping them to fill out the proper paperwork and secure the documents they need.

Which Professional Visa Is Right for You?

Because the United States wants to encourage foreign business involvement, it offers several visas that can be secured by international professionals. The best option for you will depend on what type of work you plan to do while you visit.

For instance, if you need to take a couple of meetings and don’t plan to stay long, you will want to apply for a different visa than if you planned to do your job here for a few months or years.

Different Types of Professional Visas

Here’s a sampling of some of the different professional visas our Miami-area firm has secured for clients in the past.

B1-Visa: Best for Those Traveling on Business

If you plan to come to the United States to attend a conference, tend to an estate or negotiate a contract, then the temporary B-1 visa will fit your needs. It covers limited trips and can be extended if needed.

O-1 Visa: Best for Savants

Have you demonstrated world-class talent in science, business, the arts or sports? You may qualify for an O-1 visa, which authorizes you to continue that work on a temporary basis in the U.S.

L-1 Visa: Best for Those Being Transferred

If your foreign company has a branch in the United States, you may find yourself transferred here, in which case you can apply for an L-1 visa. These are common among managers and executives.

E-2 Treaty Investors: Best for Those Investing From Certain Countries

Does your native country have a treaty of navigation or commerce with the United States? Do you have a vast sum of money to invest? If so, you could qualify for this visa.

Let Shane & Shane Find You the Right Professional Visa

There are still more visas available to professionals from other countries to enter the United States. Let the expert attorneys at Shane & Shane find the best fit for your needs and help you through the visa process. Contact us today to discuss your needs.