Immigration Attorneys For Healthcare Professionals

Employment-Based Immigration Attorneys

Employing Immigrant Healthcare Personnel

The United States is facing a shortage of qualified medical personnel, in particular, nursing professionals. Many healthcare facilities are choosing to recruit qualified nursing staff from other countries. It is often possible to secure temporary employment visas and permanent resident alien status for foreign national employees and their families.

When working with the delicate issue of immigration, it is essential to ensure accuracy. As an employer, you want to comply with government regulations regarding your employees.

The Board Certified Lawyers at Shane & Shane, Evan and Michael Shane, have thorough knowledge of these employment immigration cases.

Schedule Consultation

Carefully Navigating the Immigration Processes

The attorneys at Shane & Shane work with business clients throughout South Florida and the United States to secure a much needed workforce. Whether you need to secure a physician’s visa or permanent residence for a nursing professional, contact a knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer to help in providing a smooth process.  Our office is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Types of Visas for Healthcare Professionals

When a medical professional such as a doctor, nurse or physical therapist wishes to work in the United States, he or she must obtain a visa or green card. He or she may also be subject to medical license testing depending on employment requirements.

  • H-1B visas — Available for up to six years for employees with university degrees or the equivalent of a university
  • O-1 visas — For up to six years, visas for foreign national employees possessing extraordinary ability in their field
  • J-1 or H-3 visas — Available for up to 18 months of career training
female nurse

Options for Permanent Residence For Healthcare Professionals

Permanent residence is possible on an employment offer to virtually any prospective foreign national employee if an application for permanent employment certification to the United States Department of Labor is approved and that there were no minimally qualified U.S. applicants for the position after that position was advertised.

Permanent residence is also possible on an employment offer to foreign national employees possessing extraordinary ability in their field. Also, waivers of two year foreign residence requirements are available for physicians interning in the United States with J-1 visa status.

To arrange a professional consultation about medical employment visas or permanent residences options for your employees, contact the attorneys at Shane & Shane today.