Fiancé Visa Attorney | k1 Visa Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL
Working With a Fiancé Visa Attorney in Fort Lauderdale
Love and relationships do not recognize national borders. Each year, U.S. citizens become engaged to foreign nationals. You can apply for a K1 visa to legally bring your fiancé(e) into the U.S. in order to marry them here.
How to Get a K1 Visa Through an Engagement
To secure a fiancé(e) visa, also known as a K1 visa, the United States citizen must petition for the visa. This petitioner must prove:
- Their U.S. citizenship
- Both parties are eligible to marry and are not legally married to anyone else
- You intend to wed within 90 days after your fiancé(e) enters the U.S.
- You have met in person at least one time within two years from filing the petition
- You prove that you have a real relationship.
Why You Need a K1 Visa Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale
If you are a U.S. citizen and want to apply for a visa for your future spouse, a fiancé visa attorney in South Florida can assist you in many ways. An attorney can:
- Help you prove eligibility
- Work to prove you plan to marry in the 90-day window of entering the U.S.
- Prove eligible exemptions if you have not met your fiancé(e) in the flesh within the past two years
- Assist your fiancé(e) in applying for visas for their children
- Advise you and work with you if your petition is denied
- Help you if you were not able to marry within the 90 days of coming into the United States
- Help you understand processing times
- Address any concerns you may have about discrimination if you are in a same-sex relationship
- Help secure work authorization for your fiancé(e)
It can be challenging to plan a life together when you are also facing immigration issues. When you plan a marriage, you may wonder whether your fiancé(e) will be able to secure work authorization or whether your petition will be accepted. A K1 visa lawyer in South Florida addresses the immigration issues so you can focus on building your relationship.
If you need a fiancé visa lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, contact Shane & Shane, P.A for a confidential and personal consultation. A K1 visa attorney in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida offices of Shane & Shane, P.A can review your case in Broward County or anywhere in South Florida to offer customized representation as you work through the immigration process.
When you need a fiancé visa lawyer in Broward County or all of South Florida, Shane & Shane, P.A offers the professional and compassionate representation you deserve. If you are ready for a personalized consultation and would like to have the K1 visa explained in plain language, contact Shane & Shane, P.A.