Fiancé Visa

Fiancé Visa Attorney | k1 Visa Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL

Working With a Fiancé Visa Attorney in Fort Lauderdale

Love and relationships do not recognize national borders. Each year, U.S. citizens become engaged to foreign nationals. You can apply for a K1 visa to legally bring your fiancé(e) into the U.S. in order to marry them here.

How to Get a K1 Visa Through an Engagement

To secure a fiancé(e) visa, also known as a K1 visa, the United States citizen must petition for the visa. This petitioner must prove:

  • Their U.S. citizenship
  • Both parties are eligible to marry and are not legally married to anyone else
  • You intend to wed within 90 days after your fiancé(e) enters the U.S.
  • You have met in person at least one time within two years from filing the petition
  • You prove that you have a real relationship.

Why You Need a K1 Visa Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale

If you are a U.S. citizen and want to apply for a visa for your future spouse, a fiancé visa attorney in South Florida can assist you in many ways. An attorney can:

  • Help you prove eligibility
  • Work to prove you plan to marry in the 90-day window of entering the U.S.
  • Prove eligible exemptions if you have not met your fiancé(e) in the flesh within the past two years
  • Assist your fiancé(e) in applying for visas for their children
  • Advise you and work with you if your petition is denied
  • Help you if you were not able to marry within the 90 days of coming into the United States
  • Help you understand processing times
  • Address any concerns you may have about discrimination if you are in a same-sex relationship
  • Help secure work authorization for your fiancé(e)

It can be challenging to plan a life together when you are also facing immigration issues. When you plan a marriage, you may wonder whether your fiancé(e) will be able to secure work authorization or whether your petition will be accepted. A K1 visa lawyer in South Florida addresses the immigration issues so you can focus on building your relationship.

Get Your Private Consultation Today

If you need a fiancé visa lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, contact Shane & Shane, P.A for a confidential and personal consultation. A K1 visa attorney in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida offices of Shane & Shane, P.A can review your case in Broward County or anywhere in South Florida to offer customized representation as you work through the immigration process.

When you need a fiancé visa lawyer in Broward County or all of South Florida, Shane & Shane, P.A offers the professional and compassionate representation you deserve. If you are ready for a personalized consultation and would like to have the K1 visa explained in plain language, contact Shane & Shane, P.A.

Other Areas of Practice: Deportation Defense, Naturalization, Employment Base Immigration and Family Based Immigration